Window sills are designed to be installed together with windows into the bottom part of window opening. They prevent water from entering into the premises, protect the window structure against moisture and premature destruction.
Windowsills are a required component of any window, balcony or loggia.
Alutech Group of companies offers a broad range of windowsills: aluminum and steel galvanized windowsills. Aluminum windowsills are made of coated aluminum lath1 mm thick, steel windowsills are made of galvanized and coated steel lath 0.55 mm thick.
Advantages of aluminum windowsills:
- anticorrosion aluminium base;
- special two-layer lacquer coating with separate burning;
- excellent resistance to atmospheric precipitations exposure, UV rays, temperature fluctuations from -40°C to +80°c, mechanical exposure (wear, scratches), dust contamination;
- easy cleanup of the surface with water;
- aesthetic look for manyyears;
- the surface of a windowsill is covered with protective film that preserves the product during its transportation and installation, and is easily removed right after the installation.
Advantages of steel windowsills:
- low cost as compared with aluminum windowsills, which enables to offer cost-effective solutions of windowcovering;
- aesthetical appearance as compared to uncoated steel windowsills;
- the surface of the windowsill is covered with protective film that preserves the product during its transportation and installation, and is easily removed right after the installation;
- resistance to rainfall , temperature extremes.
Wide variety of sizes from 90 to 360 mm allows choosing a windowsill for any window. The length of the windowsill is to 6 m, this allows optimizing the stock and production.
Scope of supply
Aluminum and steel windowsill can be completed with side plugsand support brackets.
Windowsill side plugs
ABC plastic is used as the material for the side plugs, it is resistant to atmospheric and mechanical exposure, temperature extremes and UV rays. As opposed to currently widespread polystyrol and polyethylene, АВС plastic goods do not change color and do not crack for a long time. Side plugs are made for all standard sizes of windowsills.
Support brackets are made of extruded aluminum profiles 4 mm thick.
They are applied if the windowsill length exceeds 1,300 mm.
Use of these components allows:
- increasing the rigidity of the structure;
- ensuring console installation;
- increasing resistance to force loads;
- reducing the noise level, e.g. during the rain.
We offer steel sills of two basic colours – white and brown. It goes perfectly with the most widespread colours of buildings facades.
The colour range of steel sills includes 16 colours:
- standard colours – white and brown – go perfectly with basic colours of window constructions;
- woodgrain colours – golden oak, black cherry, nut – are the most original and patterned, go perfectly with houses and cottages made of wood or red brick and other decorative materials;
- NEW! Extended range includes 11 colours which coincide completely with colours of ALUTECH roller shutter systems.
Representation of the colours: