Handling equipment is one of the most important components of modern warehouses. The main goal to be solved via handling equipment it is an equal height difference between two platforms, i.e. warehouse floor and a truck floor. The standard package of a loading terminal includes: dock leveler, dock shelter, sectional and/or high-speed gates with required safety systems.
Moreover, the use of handling equipment enables to reach quite a number of important functions and requirements:
- increase of transportation safety;
- reduction of costs related to goods damage during their transfer, including those due to the exposure of unfavorable climatic conditions, temperature fluctuations;
- increase transportation rate of goods;
- reduction of thermal losses within the warehouse;
- improvement of safety, comfort and efficiency of personnel;
- increase of efficiency of conveyor work.
To ensure an optimal and a safe usage of handling equipment it is required to take into account a number of factors as early as the facility design stage:
- types of cargo transport;
- operation intensity;
- characteristics of transferred goods;
- types of handling equipment and etc.
Handling equipment of Alutech include:
- dock levelers;
- dock shelters;
- additional equipment: bumpers and wheel guides.
Offered handling equipment was developed and manufactured by German company Novoferm special for the Alutech Group. The equipment is supplied under the trademark of Alutech/Novodock.